[Lazarus] Delphi post-XE3 roadmap

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Fri Aug 24 22:41:13 CEST 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 11:50:08AM +0200, Anders E. Andersen wrote:

> > This "they will be added at a later date" is exactly the point. They
> > release a product as the successor to XE2 and leave those people in
> > the rain that already built upon the mobile components provided by XE2.
>
> Well I haven't used XE2 myself, but the impression I get, both from
> Embarcadero and from others, was that the mobile solution was not really
> too userfriendly.

That was because for XE2 their own toolchain (compiler, linker, debugger)
was also not ready, and they had to use FPC, and since FPC relies on Apple's
linker etc, and probably gdbing, they invented the workaround tour.

If it can be so easily omited, you wonder why they did that for XE2.

Same goes for Firemonkey. Even FM enthusiast say that it is not really
finished.