[Lazarus] Delphi converter scanning the parent directory for unit files

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 23:42:53 CEST 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 8:12 PM, Reinier Olislagers <
reinierolislagers at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Please test with Lazarus trunk.
> Seems to work fine with a Delphi project under d:\cop. Didn't even see a
> screen where it was scanning for files.
> FPC x86 2.6.1, Windows Vista x64, NTFS, 17 dirs in d:\, but 0 files.

Yes, I forgot to mention that the Bart's improvement is also included. It
prevents scanning the root directory.
I think it is a good rule even it does not make difference between the
drives (C:\, D:\ ...).

If you want to see the ProgressBar and a "Stop"-button, place your project
for example beside Lazarus source tree (or FPC source tree) so they have
the same parent directory.
I am afraid it will be slower on Windows. On Linux it happens quickly
especially when the files are once cached by the OS.

Converter has been improved since the last time I used it as well. Nice ;)

Thanks for the feedback. In fact there have not been any big changes for
some time, only small improvements and fixes.
Maybe they pile up in the end.

Regards,
Juha