[Lazarus] Policy regarding HTML messages

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 09:18:51 CEST 2012

2012/8/26 Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>:
> To the mailing list admin,
>
> What is the policy with regards to HTML messages in this mailing list? I
> find it very annoying when messages to mailing lists are in HTML - this
> seems to be the general consensus in most mailing lists. I was under the
> impression that only plain text message was allowed in this list too.
>
> Could you please clarify this.

There is no restriction on the mail format for this mailing list.

Plain text is desirable, because it can be read by most people and
doesn't annoy some people, which means that such messages are read by
most people and are the most effective.

You may ignore and delete html messages and miss out on something.

Vincent

P.S. This is my personal opinion. As a list admin I do not have an
opinion, I just maintain current policy, which is 'none' on this
issue.