[Lazarus] Policy regarding HTML messages

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 09:32:45 CEST 2012

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:24 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>wrote:

> People that send multi-part HTML messages...just to list a few.
>
>     ik <idokan at gmail.com>
>     Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com>
>     zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>

I am using the default settings of gmail.com browser interface. I didn't
realize it is HTML.
Now I looked at the settings. There is nothing about HTML!
I will change it if I find the setting but maybe it does not exist in this
client.

I think this is a historical limitation though. HTML does not add so very
much data. Many messages have a signature tagline adding as much data, not
to mention the extensive useless quoted blocks which you have noticed, too.
All modern mail clients can show HTML. It can be a problem with a text
based client (pine) of course.

Juha