[Lazarus] Delphi post-XE3 roadmap

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:08:05 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
>> Besides, technically, I read that Objects will become reference counting
>> and thus ".Free" gets obsolete (like in Prism).
>
> I read that as that there will be ref counted objects, not that all objects
> will be ref counted per se.

Does anyone know if:

1> It will be possible to choose if a class or object is to be ref-counted? How?

2> If all existing objects will suddenly be ref-counted?

I think it is an interresting addition, if it is something that one
can choose on a per-class basis and should be off by default in
existing classes. GC has absolutely nothing to do with mobile, so I
have no idea why they mixed both.

I'd much prefer multiple inheritance if they are feeling like adding
more language features.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho