[Lazarus] Delphi post-XE3 roadmap

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 29 11:15:07 CEST 2012

On 08/29/2012 11:07 AM, Leslie Kaye wrote:
> I think that this has been the "intention" of the Professional Version
> for many years else there would be no incentive to buy the Enterprise
> and above versions would there??
> Okay so you could access work group databases with the BDE but it was
> always flaky with loads of data corruption. R.I.P. BDE
In the Embarcadero forum someone suggested, that the intention is to
draw as much money as possible with a castrated XE3 (no IOS and Android
support), and then drop the Delphi Product line altogether.

> As Lazarus and Delphi become very much different products there is
> more of a case for developers to use both - as I do.

What now seems very important ia to talk the Delphi Third Party add on
manufactures into making their products Lazarus-certified. This should
not bee too much work for them at least with Windows-only versions of
their stuff.

-Michael