[Lazarus] Same package, different name: Synapse and PL_Synapse

Alexsander Rosa alexsander.rosa at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:55:49 CEST 2012

2012/8/29 Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>

> **
>
> Alexsander Rosa <alexsander.rosa at gmail.com> hat am 29. August 2012 um
> 16:12 geschrieben:
>
> CodeTyphon BIGIDE installs a "pl_synapse" package. It's a SVN version from
> the day they packed it.
> My software uses another package (ACBr) that uses "synapse", also a SVN
> version but daily updated.
>  Right now I have to uninstall "pl_synapse" and the packages that use it
> from CT in order to install ACBr.
>  Is there a way to workaround this? Both are the same package with
> different names (pl_synapse vs synapse).
>
>  Why do you install the packages at all?
>  Does it add components to the palette?

They are needed by other packages that, in turn, add components. Actually I
do not need ALL the components CodeTyphon installs, but I need a few. Right
now, it's easier to install the Big-IDE and remove this "pl_synapse" plus a
few others that use it than install Small-IDE and install all the
components I need.

--
Atenciosamente,
Alexsander da Rosa