[Lazarus] Alternatives to WinCE (Windows Mobile)

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:31:50 CEST 2012

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 7:58 AM, Tommi Prami <groups.tprami at gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems that there is not much support/users of WinCE-Lazarus so I was just
> pondering what are the options on here...

Why do you think that? LCL-WinCE was always one of the top downloads
of Lazarus with 10.000+ downloads per release.

And in Lazarus 1.0 it is keeping up the same proportion. It has 10% of
the total Windows downloads:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/Lazarus%20Windows%2032%20bits/Lazarus%201.0/

Development indeed is slow, but the interface is essentially finished,
so there is not much to do. Almost everything works.

And besides that the operating system is no longer utilized in
smartphones, so I lost my personal interrest on it and moved to
Android development instead (LCL-CustomDrawn-Android). I have to
invest in platforms which are actively used in my field...

But I still fix major bugs that appear for LCL-WinCE, despite all that.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho