[Lazarus] Alternatives to WinCE (Windows Mobile)

Paul van Helden paul at planetgis.co.za
Fri Aug 31 09:53:27 CEST 2012

> And besides that the operating system is no longer utilized in
> smartphones, so I lost my personal interrest on it and moved to
> Android development instead (LCL-CustomDrawn-Android). I have to
> invest in platforms which are actively used in my field...
>
> But I still fix major bugs that appear for LCL-WinCE, despite all that.

Windows Mobile remains the only operating system on industrial devices, as
opposed to consumer. (Or please prove me wrong!)

Huge thanks to you, Felipe for maintaining LCL-WinCE. I have nearly 200
Trimble Juno handhelds in the field running on LCL-WinCE. (Not without
nearly killing myself during the development, I might add :-) )

I was wondering the other day... how about LCL-CustomDrawn-WinCE ?

Regards,

Paul.