[Lazarus] Lazarus support for Sorting is completely inadequate.

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 1 19:04:19 CET 2012

On 01.12.2012 18:44, Chavoux Luyt wrote:
> This is where one would want generics... I am not sure if this is
> implemented in Object Pascal yet (but it is part of C++ and other
> languages). I remember it being on the wish list for Delphi for a long
> time, but don't know if it ever got implemented?

FPC has support for generics since around 2006 and has matured since
(especially in 2.7.1 since I began working on them). Delphi has support
for generics since Delphi 2009.

For more information about FPC's generics (in 2.6.0) you can take a look
here: http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refch8.html#x91-1010008

You can also look at
$fpcdir/rtl/objpas/fgl.pas (generic lists and map)
and
$fpcdir/packages/fcl-stl/

Regards,
Sven