[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 00:41:02 CET 2012

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 8:22 PM, leledumbo <leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id> wrote:
> If you have some time and skills, you better try to integrate KZDesktop (form
> designer docking + automatic object inspector/code explorer switching),
> EasyDockManager (full layout saving) and AnchorDocking/GlassDocking
> (beautiful interface).

It is a problem to have many _almost_ good docking solutions. None of
them is really good.
The potential development energy should be channeled into one of them,
maybe Anchordocking.

Felipe Ferreira da Silva, you should learn the existing code now. It
is always the biggest challenge with a big project. Anybody can write
new code but understanding and modifying existing code is difficult.
:)
The docking is a crucial feature and your help with it would be
appreciated. I must say I don't know it well but Mattias will fill the
gaps if you really learn it.
You wanted to add some of your components to Lazarus. First you should
learn and maybe improve the existing custom drawn components to avoid
duplicate effort. You could also make your own component library and
publish it somewhere but then those components cannot be included in
Lazarus IDE.

There are many other things to improve in Lazarus IDE of course.

Regards,
Juha