[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 01:15:22 CET 2012

Felipe Ferreira da Silva schrieb:

> This multi-monitor idea is cool! But probably would work only in the
> "undocked mode", I don't see how I could implement a single-window
> application with support for a multi-monitor.

I'm using Lazarus across multiple monitors since years :-)

What problem do you expect with forms spanning multiple monitors, except
for the frames around the screens?

There's only one problem with window positions, which are not handled
properly when the screen coordinates (of top/left monitors) become
negative. The IDE main form also may span multiple (left/right)
monitors, what's not always desireable, and the according configuration
option is flawed (using screen instead of monitor sizes).

DoDi