[Lazarus] off topic [Re: New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus]

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:06:44 CET 2012

On 4-12-2012 22:47, Felipe Ferreira da Silva wrote:
> Well, thank you, guys!
>
> Anyway, even if this is not a suitable idea and there is not so much
> demand for this, I'll still continue to contribute with components and
> with the discussion about dynamic packages... and keep working secretly
> on this :)

As Juha and others indicated: there is a lot of demand for this. There
is also a lot of demand for keeping the current interface.

Therefore, I would look into using a package to provide the interface...
and especially Juha's suggestion to look into merging and improving
existing packages (which probably will get you a head start into the way
packages work with Lazarus) together with improving the Lazarus code to
properly separate the interface part from the rest.

(Yes, I know I'm posting in the wrong thread now as well; just wanted to
let Felipe know his ideas are quite welcome)