[Lazarus] HTTP and POP3 client components

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Dec 5 18:36:06 CET 2012

On 12/5/2012 05:21, Michael Schnell wrote:
> On 12/03/2012 12:24 PM, Stephane Carre wrote:
>> Did you have look at synapse ? http://synapse.ararat.cz/doku.php
>> Works fine under Linux and Windows, 32 and 64 bit, both with Lazarus and Delphi.
> Great.
>
> I d/lded the sources (snapshot).
>
> Up til now I failed to find in the docs if/how I can do a http client.
>
> Thanks for any pointers.

i've started with the testhttp.pas in the demos/fpc directory from the synapse
release archive... then i have also pulled the vcs stuff to use... the demos are
not included in the vcs...

FWIW: the testhttp works fine for the most part as simple as it is... one can
also easily enable it for https connections with the openssl dlls by adding one
unit to the uses clause... but synapse is apparently also only supported on
winwhatever and linux... i'm aiming for the OS/2 target with help but there are
still some problems and seemingly no support is forthcoming from the synapse
folks on their list... at least, i've not seen any at all in regards to my and
another's postings there :? one person did respond to my first post with a
pointer to getting errorcodes... i thanked them there and will do so again here
because they participate in both of these areas... so thanks, once again,
ludo... it helped but we haven't gotten much further yet :?