[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 18:13:40 CET 2012

Martin schrieb:

>> There's only one problem with window positions, which are not handled
>> properly when the screen coordinates (of top/left monitors) become
>> negative. The IDE main form also may span multiple (left/right)
>> monitors, what's not always desireable, and the according
>> configuration option is flawed (using screen instead of monitor sizes).
>
> One of my monitors has negative x coordinates. I havent had an issue in
> a long time (with the IDE / with projects, desktopcenter has an issue)

My second monitor has negative Y coordinates, is wider than the primary
monitor, and I use docking. Then most windows are moved down to the
primary monitor, where they can hang over the right margin (X preserved).

Since the EasyDockMaster stores the correct coordinates in his layout
file, I had to modify the IDE dockmaster routines, until I got the
layout work as expected. From that work I know about the problems built
into the IDE layout management.

I admit that I haven't tested the 1.0.x releases, because I don't want
to loose my tweaked working horse. Can I install a new version for an
dedicated test user on Windows, without touching the existing
installations for the default and other users?

DoDi