[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Dec 5 19:13:27 CET 2012

On 05/12/2012 17:13, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>>> There's only one problem with window positions, which are not
>>> handled properly when the screen coordinates (of top/left monitors)
>>> become negative. The IDE main form also may span multiple
>>> (left/right) monitors, what's not always desireable, and the
>>> according configuration option is flawed (using screen instead of
>>> monitor sizes).
>>
>> One of my monitors has negative x coordinates. I havent had an issue
>> in a long time (with the IDE / with projects, desktopcenter has an
>> issue)
>
> My second monitor has negative Y coordinates, is wider than the
> primary monitor, and I use docking. Then most windows are moved down
> to the primary monitor, where they can hang over the right margin (X
> preserved).
>
> Since the EasyDockMaster stores the correct coordinates in his layout
> file, I had to modify the IDE dockmaster routines, until I got the
> layout work as expected. From that work I know about the problems
> built into the IDE layout management.

Without concrete example, this info is useless. no one can do anything
about it.

Either detailed steps to reproduce,
Or the exact lines at fault (and preferable why they are, if it isn't
really plain obvious.)

If I open an easydock ide, and place my source editors in 2 undocked
windows, and put both on on monitor, then the will be in those positions
after I restart.