[Lazarus] Tprogressbar and positional info as ptrint.

Andrew Brunner atbrunner at aurawin.com
Wed Dec 5 22:56:49 CET 2012

.

On Dec 5, 2012, at 2:52 PM, Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 9:48 PM, Andrew Brunner <atbrunner at aurawin.com> wrote:
>> I'm getting overflow exceptions on values greater than integer.  Can someone revise all values from integer to ptrint so on 64 bit systems it will be valid.
>
> You can scale the value in your code before using it for ProgressBar's Position.
> Integer has 2^31 positive values which should be enough for all the
> positions shown in a graphical component.

It is far more important to realize that on 64bit systems the GUI components can scale.  I have already tested ptrint on Ubuntu x64. It only took a few minor tweaks.

I can provide diff if interested.  But changes to windows callback for comctrls will be needed as well.

I assert that use of anything but ptrint in the factory with respect to tprogressbar is a flaw.  And it's a quick fix.

 to change the