[Lazarus] New user interface for future major releases of Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Dec 6 00:05:41 CET 2012

Martin schrieb:

>>> One of my monitors has negative x coordinates. I havent had an issue
>>> in a long time (with the IDE / with projects, desktopcenter has an
>>> issue)
>>
>> My second monitor has negative Y coordinates, is wider than the
>> primary monitor, and I use docking. Then most windows are moved down
>> to the primary monitor, where they can hang over the right margin (X
>> preserved).
>>
>> Since the EasyDockMaster stores the correct coordinates in his layout
>> file, I had to modify the IDE dockmaster routines, until I got the
>> layout work as expected. From that work I know about the problems
>> built into the IDE layout management.
>
> Without concrete example, this info is useless. no one can do anything
> about it.
> Either detailed steps to reproduce,

Steps to reproduce:
1. Get an narrow and an wide monitor, e.g. CRT and Flatscreen.
2. Attach both to your computer, the wide one as secondary monitor.
3. Configure the wider monitor to have negative Y coordinates.
4. Make Lazarus use the EasyDockMaster.
5. Show and move the CodeEplorer to the right of the wide monitor.
6. Save and close the IDE.
7. Reopen the IDE, check all IDE window positions.
[Did I miss something?]

> Or the exact lines at fault (and preferable why they are, if it isn't
> really plain obvious.)

I could not find out all the ways, how the desired postions of IDE
windows are affected by the many involved objects and calls :-(

> If I open an easydock ide, and place my source editors in 2 undocked
> windows, and put both on on monitor, then the will be in those positions
> after I restart.

A single monitor is not a problem, at least when it is the primary monitor.

DoDi