[Lazarus] Tprogressbar and positional info as ptrint.

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 10:34:36 CET 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Andrew Brunner <atbrunner at aurawin.com> wrote:
> In the time it took to convince you there is a problem the solution could have been adopted.
> Please this isn't about pixels, it's about efficient scaling onto 64bit systems.  Hence a flaw.

I think the streaming issues will turn down your suggestion. I
remember there has been some similar issues, I don't remember which.
Still, the ProgressBar position must often be scaled. This 64-bit
integer is not a special case.
For example I can have a value range from 0.0 to 1.0, yet I can show
it in a ProgressBar by multiplying by 100 and converting to integer.

Say you have a range from 0 to 1,000,000,000,000.
Just divide it by 1000 and you are in Integer range again. Something like :
  ProgressBar.Max := 1000000000;
  ProgressBar.Position := MyInt64Value div 1000;

Juha