[Lazarus] Tprogressbar and positional info as ptrint.

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 15:06:01 CET 2012

On 6-12-2012 14:58, Andrew Brunner wrote:
> On 12/05/2012 10:28 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
>>
>> How wide would that row be, at say 120 dpi? <BG>
>>

> This is not relevant to the issue at hand.  As I stated before, the
> progressbar component of the host operating system scales the
> Min/Max/Position values and converts it to the client area of the
> aggregate value.
>
> So basically, with the Progressbar on 64bit systems the current progress
> bar won't accept values except longint.  This is a flaw. This must be a
> 64bit position.  Otherwise this Lazarus component is relegated to the
> least common denominator of 32bit oses.

If I understand correctly what you're saying and *if* the OS requires a
64 bit number, then the Lazarus LCL code must be changed to scale the 32
bit integers given to it by the code/LFM streamed properties to 64 bit
integers.

This will maintain compatibility between projects. You may not care
about having your projects compile on multiple platforms without (too
many) code changes, but I and others do.