[Lazarus] 2nd call (PPC needed for MAc) [Re: Beta testers needed / Lazarus with Editor-Macro-Script]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Dec 7 16:14:12 CET 2012

On 07/12/2012 09:23, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>> - intel/amd : Looks like they should work now.
>> - ARM is known NOT to work
>> - PPC is known only to compile for Mac (but not tested)
>>
>> So I need someone to test on a PPC Mac, please.
>
> Hosted on what OS? I can do Linux but wasn't aware of an alternative.

I thought apple ships them with IOS or whatever they call it? Basically
it needs to be compiled for the carbon widgetset.

I do not know if previous OS by apple had different calling ABI.
PascalScript currently only supports (or claims to) darwin 32 bit
> {$ifndef darwin}
>   {$fatal This code is Darwin specific at the moment!}
> {$endif}
>
> {$ifndef cpu32}
>   {$fatal This code is 32bit specific at the moment!}
> {$endif}

But it needs to be tested, if that indeed works.

e.g. there is some arm in pascalscipt. And that did not work.