[Lazarus] Making a form read-only

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Dec 27 10:45:27 CET 2012

Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Dec 2012 09:03:53 +0000
> Mark Morgan Lloyd <markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I notice that recent versions of the IDE add LCLVersion to a .lfm as
>> soon as the corresponding .pas is saved. Can this be inhibited (or,
>> better, can a form be locked at the project level), since it messes up
>> backwards compatibility?
>
> LCLVersion was added 27 Feb 2008.

Yes.

> It exists to solve problems with backwards compatibility.

Or more to the point it solves /forward/ compatibility: later versions
of the IDE can massage properties as the form is being read, but older
versions clearly can't know how to handle changes that postdate them.

> If you do not want to store a property you have to change the source
> code.

I'm OK with the idea of the .lfm being updated if I do something to the
form. But the current situation- and I think this is comparatively
recent- is that the .lfm is updated even if it's not explicitly open.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk