[Lazarus] Creating config files in primary config path for bootstrap installer

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 14:36:23 CET 2012

Hi list,

Thanks to help from the FPC list, my FPCUp FPC/Lazarus SVN
installer/updater seems to take a plain vanilla Windows machine and
- download+install an SVN client
- download the binutils (make etc)
- download/update FPC from SVN and compile/install it
- download/update Lazarus from SVN
- compile lazarus.exe

I'd also like Lazarus to compile Lazdatadesktop etc and perhaps some
extra packages, and perhaps offline help.

For that to happen, I will need valid config files. I'm now creating an
empty directory for use as primary-config-path.

How can I best fill it with config files?
1. Add them from an existing install as resources, extract them,
probably modify paths etc.
2. Perhaps there's some kind of command line argument for startlazarus
that does this
3. Use Lazarus source code to create default config files
4. Other suggestions from the mighty collective wisdom of this list ;) *)

I would be in favour of option 2 as that decouples my tool from changes
in config files (option 1) and source code locations/function names etc
(option 3).
If 2. doesn't already exist, would it be easy to add? Where would I
start looking in order to write a patch?

Thanks,
Reinier

*) Well, actually I'm fairly serious...