[Lazarus] Looking for a general text editor

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 09:39:31 CET 2012

Hi,

Has anybody implemented a synedit (or other edit component) based
general text editor (something like Syn on SourceForge - but it
doesn't need to have that much functionality). I would like to get a
replacement "general" text editor for gEdit and Kate. Preferably
something light weight and fast, that can do search and replace and
font customisation. I could put one together myself, but if somebody
already done this, that would save me some time.

And no, please don't recommend VIM - I hate the vi interface. Also a
GUI text editor would be preferred, so something like mcedit (included
with Midnight Commander) is also out.

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

  - Graeme -