[Lazarus] [Lazarusdev] CNPack lines

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Feb 15 15:47:19 CET 2012

On 15/02/2012 11:25, Everton Vieira wrote:
> If someone had to go on the drawing of the editor, please someone,
> consider to put lines to show block structure if an option is marked,
> like the cnpack does in delphi. I`m aware this is an complicanting of
> it, but is also a good feature that many likes.

I know of them for a long time, and yes I do have plans to add them.
But I have still other things on top of my list.

I don't have Delphi with CNPack, but out of interest:
If you put 1000 lines (fill each line with "caption :=
'a'+#44+inttostr(9);" / Maybe a few nested "If") between the begin and
end of an If => does it slow down?

I know that is not likely code, but ...

Just to make the point, load MacOsAll (packages/univint from an older
fpc 2.4.0 (300.000 lines) in delphi, select all (ctrl-a). In turbo
delphi (2007) you can now go get your coffee. It will be locked up for
minutes (my guess: the  search for equal words, for syncro edit)

And also there are other bits: currently Lazarus highlighter does have
no awareness of the statement. it goes from begin to end (well that
could still draw a line, but does not mark the "IF"
      If a =1 then
      begin
Folding starts at "begin" too, not at "if"
(of course, as I said, that is not a stopper)

The main issue s finding all the outer the block begin, in a fast way.

Actually that is now work in progress (still low prior). It is needed by
another feature. (for preview compile trunk with "WithSynInfoView"
defined). Open a file with 100.000 lines go to the end, navigate (it
will be noticeable slow)