[Lazarus] Feature Request: a new macro for a complete identifier name

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:32:53 CET 2012

Hi,

Based on the discussion about offline help viewers, and interesting
point was raised. In the case of DocView (which is setup via the
External Tools), I use the ${CurToken} macro to allow docview to do a
search - based on where the cursor is positioned.

Now somebody brought up a interesting commend. If the cursor was over
an identifier "Visible", to which class does that related. Docview
does display the search result in a easy manner, so it shouldn't be
too hard to use as-is, but it can be improved.

If I put the mouse cursor over "Visible", it will show me something like

   property TButton.Visible

So can somebody that knows how, implement a new ${CurIdentifier} macro
which can be used in the External Tools entries. So when I press F1
while the cursor is on "Visible", it will actually pass
"TButton.Visible" or "TCombobox.Visible" etc to docview.

Lazarus IDE has all the information because the tooltips display all
than information, so for somebody that is in the know, they should
find it easy to implement such a new macro, by using similar code as
is used in the tooltips. I presume it uses CodeTools.

I don't believe it is needed to add (like in fpdoc) the package and
unit name to this identifier (eg: #lcl.buttons.TBitBtn.Visible), but
if the person that (maybe) implements this feature request thinks it
could be useful, then another separate macro should be added for that.

  - Graeme -