[Lazarus] Lazarus trunk help options: CHM Help browser does not show up

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:22:51 CET 2012

Hi list,

Busy with my fpcup svn installer/updater.

1. I've managed to let fpcup generate lcl.chm documentation using
build_lcl_docs.lpr (going to get rtl.chm etc going later)
2. I also let it compile lhelp.exe.
3. fpcup also creates (if it doesn't exist) a helpoptions.xml file, with
basically these settings:
  <Viewers>
    <TChmHelpViewer>
      <CHMHelp
Exe="C:\development\lazarus\components\chmhelp\lhelp\lhelp.exe"
FilesPath="C:\development\lazarus\docs\html\"/>
    </TChmHelpViewer>
  </Viewers>

However, in Lazarus trunk/Tools/Options/Help Options, Viewers, I only
see HTML Browser, not CHM Help Browser.

Trying to eliminate errors: copying over helpoptions.xml from a working
(i.e. lhelp shows up when pressing F1 on a keyword) snapshot Lazarus
shows no difference.

Is there something more I need to do in order to get the setting and
lhelp to appear?

Now I've got you reading: a question on the help options screen itself:
what does FPC Doc HTML path stand for? HTML files generated by FPDoc?
FPC documentation in HTML format?
Perhaps a tooltip/hint on what that editbox means would indeed be handy,
as mentioned in the wiki...

Thanks,
Reinier