[Lazarus] Start/Stop recording editor macro

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 18 18:20:06 CET 2012

On 23/01/2012 18:33, Marcos Douglas wrote:
> 2011/5/3 Flávio Etrusco<flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>
>> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 2:33 PM, Marcos Douglas<md at delfire.net>  wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> Is there in Lazarus a "record editor macro", like Delphi (CTRL+SHIFT+R)?
>>>
>>> See http://delphi.about.com/od/adptips2005/qt/editorshortcuts.htm
>>>

>>> Marcos Douglas
>>>
>> This is also in my to-do list :-D
>> There's a component in the upstream SynEdit, but I don't know whether
>> it's totally compatible with the Lazarus version.
> Flávio or someone has something news about "recording editor macro" in Lazarus?

There is now.
Very basic though.

shift ctrl-r  record/ stop record
shift ctrl-p  play or pause/resume-record

- There is one and only one macro for the entire IDE
- It can be played in any editor (one editor at a time only)
- It can be recorded in any editor (one editor at a time only)

If the editor changes during record, then the old editor stays
recording. No other editor can record, until finished.  (It does not
stop recording, so the user can look at another editor)

If an editor-tab-changing command is recorded, it will be replayed. But
the remainder of the macro keeps being played to the initial editor.
(In future such commands should not be recorded)