[Lazarus] Project management

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 20:53:38 CET 2012

I create a new thread because this is not related to the original "Why Java
got popular" thread...

2012/2/28 Everton Vieira <tonvieira at gmail.com>

> I'll try once more to tell on what i'm refering: "project managemant of
> the development". All that i have to say about it is in that. Who some day
> had worked with project management and has the insight of how could be done
> in the open source enviroment knows on what i'm talking about it.

Ok, we need more concrete plans. I promise to look carefully the issues of
project management if you have good ideas.
Do you mean that the core team should divide the tasks for contributors?
Please explain more.

Improving the documentation is now a "hot topic". I think more people
should get write access to the doc directory in the repository, if only
there are people willing to take the effort.

While improving project management is a good idea, I still strongly feel
that most of criticism is not fair or truthful. In fact all questions are
answered in mailing list and forum, IMO better than with many other open
source projects.
The classic whining about the revision control and bug tracking is quite
nonsense. It is typically from people who have never contributed code for
the project.

Still, I will have an open mind for ideas of better project management.

Juha