[Lazarus] RE : lazarus for arm-linux

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Feb 7 08:46:24 CET 2012

> I was able to procure fpc-2.4.4, and install it on the
> arm-linux machine. I also checked-out Lazarus from the link
> you gave; and ran "make bigide".
>
> It ran fine for a while, but then termintaed, with the
> following error ::

> Compiling outputfilter.pas
> Fatal: Compilation aborted
> An unhandled exception occurred at $00089FB8 :
> EAccessViolation : Access violation
>  <
> BUNCH
> OF
> ADDREESSES
> >

> make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 217
> make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/ajay/lazarus/ide'
> make[1]: *** [bigide] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/ajay/lazarus/ide'
> make: *** [idebig] Error 2

> What could I try? I may have been very stupid in missing something :|

Compiling lazarus with fpc 2.6.0 worked for me on arm debian sid. Fpc 2.6.0
is in the debian sid repositories but can also be found here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/freepascal/files/Linux/2.6.0/. Lazarus from
debian sid repo (0.9.30.2) isn't working correctly. Some patches to correct
alignment errors didn't make it in that release. Lazarus from svn works fine
though.

Ludo