[Lazarus] Extending FCL documentation

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 10:55:21 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:01 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> This comes down to the Lazarus Core team that don't have the balls to
> actually make a decision on what help format the IDE should use.

Are you saying that we should choose between chm and inf?

> So
> currently the IDE help system is in shambles, and many tools have been
> duck-taped to do things they were not supposed to.

I just wanted to test your theory that the IDE help system is in
shambles and I did a little google and found this link:

http://wiki.freepascal.org/Installing_Help_in_the_IDE#If_you_are_using_Lazarus_from_Subversion

So in 4 steps which took maybe 30 seconds I managed to add CHM help to
my Lazarus SVN even while I knew almost nothing about this previously.
The only problem I found is that LHelp takes so long to build the
index when it is started.

Another flaw was that this link to the instructions was not present in
the main help index of the Lazarus help. I will fix that.

I don't use releases, but I will also check if releases come with
offline help out of them. If they don't yet come, they should come
with it. With LHelp compiled already and with chm files together in
the main Lazarus rpm/deb package.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho