[Lazarus] If TProcess.CommandLine is deprecated...

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Wed Feb 8 11:36:05 CET 2012

Am 08.02.2012 04:23, schrieb William Oliveira Ferreira:
> I agree that a comment in front of the deprecated would be good to the
> uninformed as me, but I also do not want to seem boring. I wish
> developers would focus on tools for debugging, but follow the road map
> and I see good things to come.

A comment in front of the deprecated won't be good, but a string behind
the deprecated would be nice ;) (for the reason see below)

=== example begin ===

program deprecatedtest;

type
   TTest = class
     fFoo: String;
     property Foo: String read fFoo; deprecated 'I''m not needed anymore';
   end;

var
   t: TTest;
begin
   t := TTest.Create;
   Writeln(t.Foo);
end.

=== example end ===

=== output begin ===

PS P:\tests\oneshots> fpc .\deprecatedtest.pas
Free Pascal Compiler version 2.6.0 [2011/12/25] for i386
Copyright (c) 1993-2011 by Florian Klaempfl and others
Target OS: Win32 for i386
Compiling .\deprecatedtest.pas
deprecatedtest.pas(15,13) Warning: Symbol "Foo" is deprecated: "I'm not
needed anymore"
Linking deprecatedtest.exe
16 lines compiled, 0.1 sec , 28608 bytes code, 1964 bytes data
1 warning(s) issued

=== output end ===

Regards,
Sven