[Lazarus] Extending FCL documentation

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 8 22:00:40 CET 2012

On 2/8/2012 15:28, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Sven Barth schrieb:
>
>> That might be, but Felipe is talking about the default for Lazarus. That is
>> what everyone is complaining about: there is no default offline help available
>> after installation.
>
> Q: offline Help, or offline Documentation?

i, personally, see them as the same... documentation will explain how to use
something and provide examples... the help will give examples as well as
explaining how to use... seems the same to me...

> Delphi came with PDF files for those who want documentation, and these docs are
> well prepared for *reading*, not for use as context sensitive help. IMO we
> should make the same distinction, between help and docs.

i have yet to be able to take a PDF to the "library" and be able to read it
comfortably, easily and without having to haul other equipment in to access it...