[Lazarus] Extending FCL documentation

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Wed Feb 8 22:26:24 CET 2012

On 2/8/2012 13:46, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 7:42 PM, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:
>> fail :(
>
> What failed?

ok... let's start again...

while we're in town or over at a friend's place, we download the archive and
save it to a disk... now we go to our special place miles and miles away from
every where... we take that disk to our machine that is permanently disconnected
from the rest of the world... we install the archive to this machine... now tell
us how we're going to figure out anything about enabling the help system...

IMHO, even coming from the SVN stuff, there should be a default setting for the
help files which should also come from the SVN... one package, one pull...
everything goes "here" and is operational right out of the box... no matter what
that box's shape is (eg: tarball, install binary, SVN, GIT, etc)...

>> pretend that uncle google simple doesn't exist...
>
> In latest svn IDE click in the menu Help->Online Help and it will open
> a local html file which has a link to that page.

we're NOT connected to any network and/or have NO way to access the internet
from this particular machine... so still stuck with no help at all...

>> better yet, perform the
>> same feat on a machine that is completely offline ;)
>
> In this case he would not be able to download the chm files anyway.
> Note that configuring is for Lazarus svn users.

really? i ran into it the first time i attempted to try FPC and Lazarus... i
still don't have help working in a pure FPC environment but that belongs
elsewhere, i suppose...

> For release users everything should come pre-installed and pre-configured
> (not the current situation of course).

and this is what some of us have been trying to point out... that being that it
should have been seen and handled years ago... i'm still so raw in this
environment that while i do want to contribute, i can't even find the beginning
of the string to start pulling on to see where the unravel takes place :(