[Lazarus] Fast drawing to canvas

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Thu Feb 9 10:38:01 CET 2012

I'm working on a test app that I will put on the CCR on sourceforge
for everyone to test. Will put it up later this afternoon. I will
challenge everyone to come up with speed improvements! :)

Regards,
Darius

02:52, Darius Blaszyk wrote:

>> Despite all the advices, none of the
suggestions of drawing on a TPaintBox or creating a TCustomControl
actually speed up the painting significantly. Therefore I did some
profiling. It appears that loading a 40kb png file (50% HD) from a
stream takes about 60msec another 30msec is used to paint the bitmap to
screen. It all results in approx. 11fps which is actually pretty poor
when you imagine a full HD loop will make the rate drop 2.5fps.

Darius. If you could send me a sample of 25 images in private, I'll

try something here on my side. I'll also plug them into a fpGUI

application so we can see if there is a difference between a LCL app

and fpGUI app - trying to determine where the bottlenecks are...

hard drives (and various file systems) in my system. That could also

be used to profile the loading times from each hard drive.

> If you
have a sample LCL app that you use for testing, that would save
> me
some trouble too. Though the Button1Click() code you posted earlier
> is
pretty straight forward. :)