[Lazarus] semaphores

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:11:56 CET 2012

Am 09.02.2012 11:45, schrieb Lukasz Sokol:
> On 09/02/2012 10:01, Sven Barth wrote:
>
>> The memory that is used by CPU caches is the fastest (but also the
>> most expensive that's why it's only used for the relatively small
>> caches).
>>
>> Regards, Sven
>>
> Is there a way for a non-kernel-developer or plain FPC/Laz user to
> control what is stored in cpu cache ? I thought cache management
> is done transparently to userspace...?

Yes, it's transparent. But my answer wasn't related to whether the
memory can be controlled by the user or not, but whether it's the
fastest or not.

Btw: In FPC you can use "Prefetch(SomeVariable)" to prefetch the data of
the variable into the cache (if the platform supports something like
that). See also:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/system/prefetch.html

Regards,
Sven