[Lazarus] Fast drawing to canvas

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 13:26:22 CET 2012

On 9 February 2012 13:31, Hans-Peter Diettrich  wrote:

> This may be the problem: you should force the display of every loaded image.
> Only then it's guaranteed that all conversions are performed, required to
> show the images on screen.

Yes, that is why I have a call to fpgApplication.ProcessMessages
between every frame. This give the windowing system chance to draw the
frame before the next iteration. Even with that call (and without a
Sleep() call), I got 1500fps.

> Hardware support may be a bottleneck. Can you disable graphics hardware
> acceleration on your system?

fpGUI doesn't use hardware acceleration at all. I also don't have it
enable on my Linux desktop (no 3D desktop effects). I am using the
open source ATI driver in X11.

  - Graeme -