[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 16:35:50 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 12:32 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Again I found almost all of my notes removed from the LCL documentation. If
> this is how my work is honored, I see no reason why I should spend any more
> time with contributing to the Lazarus documentation :-(

I removed them:

http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&root=lazarus&revision=35270

Sorry if you take it so badly, but I had already previously opened a
topic to talk about that and you ignored it apparently. I remain with
the oppinion that things like:

<descr>implement in descendants [what?]

Are not acceptable in our documentation. If you want to keep notes
about things that you see in the documentation, then maybe you should
create a separate file: lazarus/docs/xml/hans_peter_notes.txt and
write there:

LCL.Controls.TControl.DoOnParentHandleDestruction -> what?

So that people that building the CHM and press F1 don't have to read "[what?]"

Also, many of your notes are plainly wrong, for example lclintf line 83

It is not outdated.

Also in lclintf line 2637:

 <!-- does not apply[?]
2640	   StartIndex gives the index of the first point in the array to
use. All points	   StartIndex gives the index of the first point in
the array to use. All points
2641	   before this are ignored.	   before this are ignored.
2642	   NumPts indicates the number of points to use, starting at
StartIndex.	   NumPts indicates the number of points to use, starting
at StartIndex.
2643	   If NumPts is -1 (the default), Polygon uses all points from
StartIndex to the	   If NumPts is -1 (the default), Polygon uses all
points from StartIndex to the
2644	   end of the array.	   end of the array.
	 -->

Yes, it does apply. You wrongly commented out correct documentation so
I fixed it.

I addressed a majority of the valid comments, the main missing thing
being the screen/client mouse coordinates. Indeed one would need to
check those.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho