[Lazarus] Fast drawing to canvas

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Fri Feb 10 14:14:42 CET 2012

On Fri, 10 Feb 2012 11:34:20 +0100
dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:

> properly. I have not used OpenGL but TImage instead. In other tests I
> have never seen any actual speed improvements of OpenGL over a native
> canvas, unless you create memory textures and can utilize the hardware
> acceleration.
What is the difference between a texture and a memory texture?
I never heard the second term.

> The reason to stream directly form disk is that if I
> would like to display a longer list of images I will not be able to
> store them in memory. Say I have a movie clip @ 24fps for 60sec. This
> would require (50%HD) 24 * 60 * 1.5 = 2GB of memory. What if I would
> like to display 10min?
Why are you displaying single images at all?
It sounds a lot like you are playing movie clips, so why do you not use a suitable codec/container combination like xvid/avi, h.264/mpeg-4 or some other video format that fits your needs?

R.