[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Sat Feb 11 11:59:17 CET 2012

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
 > It is not about liking, I think it is just plainly obvious that if
 > someone downloads our software and builds our docs, presses F1 and
 > reads [really?] it makes us look ridiculous so it is not acceptable to
 > have that in our documentation.

Well, my opinion is: I would prefer to have a hint that something is
wrong in the documentation instead of letting me believe it is correct
if it's not. It's a kind of "watch out" which lets me have a closer look
when things do not work as expected. If you don't want this in the
documentation then *correct* it instead of reverting back to faulty
documentation.

 >> Such an entry is absolutely useless without instructions *what*
should be
 >> implemented at all.

That's the problem: If someone knows that it cannot be as documented it
does not automatically mean that he knows how it would be correct. Still
I would prefer to be informed about a documentation error instead of
letting me believe wrong things.

 > It doesn't matter if it wasnt good before. Your [?] tags make it worse.

I don't think so. It may be not very elegant. But you made it worse
again. Why didn't you take the hint and correct the documenation? That
would have been a real improvement.

 > Then just change it to Angle16Deg and Angle16DegLength. From reading
 > "looks outdated" how am I supposed to know that you mean that the
 > parameter name is slightlt wrong?

If you don't know this how should others know it?