[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 11:10:59 CET 2012

Anders E. Andersen schrieb:
> Den 10-02-2012 22:08, Hans-Peter Diettrich skrev:
>>
>>> It is useless, even irritating to the help seeking user
>> But, any doc to the end user must not contain this.
>>
>> To me it's more irritating and confusing, when documentation has
>> already been found wrong, without any according indication.
>
> Hi, just a regular end-user here.

Hello :-)

> I just want to say I tend to agree
> with Martin here. I'd much rather have something like a discussion page
> like on a wiki for comments like that. It doesn't look good as part of
> the main documentation in my opinion.

That's a perfectly acceptable opinion. But which solution do you prefer:
- the documentation flaws should be fixed,
- or all the notes should be hidden in the final docs?

And what chances do *you* see, that the documenation flaws will *ever*
be fixed, when nobody complains about those nasty notes?

Are you happy with an incomplete and partially outdated documentation,
as provided by Lazarus in the past decades?

DoDi