[Lazarus] IDE Main Window: height is too small and cannot resize (Linux/GTK2)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 12:37:14 CET 2012

Juha Manninen schrieb:
> 2012/2/10, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com>:
>> There is a screenshot aatached to my original post here.
>
> Right, somehow I missed it. Now the problem is clear. You have a
> bigger font and its effect is doubled because both main menu and the
> component palette tabs have text.

Isn't this a reason for a redesign of (at least) this form, using those
fine Lazarus layout features?

And reason for a revision of the IDEIntf, to cure the observed problems
once-for-ever?

IMO it's not a good argument for using Lazarus, when just the IDE
demonstrates layout problems. Every user will notice such problems
immediately, and may trash Lazarus consequently, without any closer look
at the rest :-(

DoDi