[Lazarus] RE : RE : Trunk IDE won't display project's main form

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 15:00:35 CET 2012

Ludo Brands wrote:
>>> When starting lazarus from console, do you get any error
>> messages in
>>> the console?
>> Nothing unexpected :-(
>>
>> 0 1>markMLl at pye-dev-07:/usr/local/share/lazarus-trunk$ ./*gtk2
>> Xlib:  extension "RANDR" missing on display "localhost:11.0".
>> TMainIDE.ParseCmdLineOptions:
>>    PrimaryConfigPath="/home/markMLl/.lazarus"
>>    SecondaryConfigPath="/etc/lazarus"
>> NOTE: codetools config file not found - using defaults
>> NOTE: help options config file not found - using defaults
>> TMainIDE.DoOpenProjectFile select form in designer:
>> HeavyWethersForm:THeavyWethersForm TDesigner
>>

> So there is no problem with components not being created because of
> properties not understood, etc.
>
> Could you take a look at the main form's lfm to check if the form
> coordinates (top, left, width, height) are well inside the screen. I don't
> remember the exact circumstances but there was in the past a problem with
> coordinates moving out every time the form was saved. Your form could simply
> be off screen or 1 pixel heigh.

I think I've been ambiguous again. Running trunk the form displays near
the top-left of the screen but only postage stamp size. Portions of the
internal visible controls are visible, but again they're smaller than
the form and are displayed near its top left (i.e. the top left of the
form doesn't look too bad, but most of it is empty).

If I use the trunk IDE built for Qt rather than GTK2 then the form
displays (some colours might be off), the project will compile but won't
run reliably (thread issues?). To emphasise this, this is with all
project files identical.

If I stop the trunk IDE, delete ~/.lazarus and start fixed (0.9.30.3)
instead then the form is fully visible near the middle of the screen.
Again, this is with identical files.

There are issues related to building the project using fixed, but I can
probably revert to an earlier version of the code from my local svn i.e.
back out of any UI "pollution" caused by trunk.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk