[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Feb 11 15:43:40 CET 2012

Martin schrieb:

> We have 3 cases
>
> 1) correct and good documentation. No note was ever attached, or if it
> was, then it was in error and removal is appropriate
>
> 2) empty or meaningless. (can be seen of a kind of wrong, but not
> "incorrect" or "untrue").
> We do not need a note to tell the end user "This is meaningless/empty"

The notes are for the authors, not for the end user.

> 3) incorrect , untrue
> Does not need a note. Does need immediate removal.

4 ff) incomplete, misleading, inconsistent...
This is the right place for notes, telling the *experts* to let their
experience shine here.

IMO you are miles away from practical documentation. Readers and writers
are not kind of compilers, which throw hints, warnings or fatal errors
on every word or phrase in a documentation. Most developers think that
their identifiers or implementations are self explanatory. Users can
have a very different experience with the same items :-(

Which of your classes is applicable to a misspelled (or renamed)
reference? Including the right suggested action?

DoDi