[Lazarus] Documentation contribution

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 11 17:49:01 CET 2012

On 11/02/2012 15:53, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>
>>> They are *intended* to make it *so* worse, that the gurus (Lazarus
>>> team) finally decide to contribute the required documentation,
>>> instead of only inventing new features :-]
>>
>> That assumes the person who knows the answer is actually looking at
>> that doc-entry. Not necessarily the case.
>
> That's why I choose a solution that produces such a lot of noise, at
> least in the mailing list, that chances become better for reaching the
> intended goal and audience. Without some pressure on the entire
> Lazarus team the obvious answers will be "not me!" :-(

Yes the "drawing attention" is the only good think that came of it.
But that only worked, because your notes were dropped, and you could
complain.

Had they gone in, they would have silently disappeared. Maybe in a few
month a user read them and asked... So the discussion might still have
started...

So good thing they were dropped.

"Pressure" like that doesn't work. I guess you meant: Without that kind
of attention, it would be ignored by most.

------------
Any way problem remains:

I have no easy reachable list off topics that need attention[1]. So I
can not check if I know the answer.

That would still be the same, if the notes had gone in. I am not about
to open every help topic, to see if there is a note.
I would also not stumble upon any, since I do not use the help (but if I
did, I would only stumble on those that I do not know the answer)

So no that we have the attention, we need to move from inline notes, to
a system that allows people to contribute the info.

[1]
Entire SynEdit... Yes I an aware off