[Lazarus] Adding Notes in FPDoc

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Feb 11 17:54:57 CET 2012

On Sat, 11 Feb 2012, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> Michael Van Canneyt schrieb:
>
>>> Why so complicated? Can you give a *reasonable* example of the intended
>>> usage of this feature?
>>
>> Yes. User notes on a website. This website has been in the pipeline for a
>> long time.
>
> Sorry, I cannot establish any connection from a website to the <notes> syntax
> and usage in FPC documentation :-(
>
> Do you mean kind of a separate section, like <links> or <errors>, or tags
> embeddable into other text?
>

>> And now you have the incredible nerve to complain that
> ...your descriptions have not been very helpful so far, I'm still waiting for
> at least one practical example - XML, not usage :-(

Well.

Your reply shows you have not actually read the fpdoc docs (it contains
at least 2 example XML snippets in the tag reference) or checked out the
testunit1.xml file that is checked in with fpdoc itself
(it contains notes at various levels).

You should have noticed it was updated when you did an update.
So, looking at either would have answered your question.

Michael.