[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : Trunk IDE won't display project's main form

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 18:39:12 CET 2012

Ludo Brands wrote:
>> Reading between the lines, it sounds as though I'd be best
>> going through
>> all projects and making sure that they build and run properly with
>> 0.9.30 before doing anything else. Thank heavens I set up svn
>> here a few
>> months ago.
>>
>> If that is the route to follow and knowing that 0.9.30 warns about
>> unknown properties, would I be better working from my most recent
>> revision of each project and manually removing properties (from which
>> files- .lfm?) or would I be better going to an older revision to get
>> safe forms and then integrating more recent code?
>>

> Don't know when the functionality was introduced, but when you load a form
> using unknown properties you get a screen highlighting the problems and
> proposing to remove all unknown properties. If your 0.9.30 has already this
> functionality then going this route is clearly the easiest.

Thanks Ludo, I've not seen that on either 0.9.30 or trunk... it sounds
very much as though I've got a batch of screwed projects, due to moving
onto trunk when I was having to use 2.7.1 because of SPARC problems. I
think I should probably have a local policy of never committing a
project if it's been saved by trunk.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk