[Lazarus] RE : Trunk IDE won't display project's main form

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 20:55:34 CET 2012

Sven Barth wrote:

>>> When starting lazarus from console, do you get any error messages in the
>>> console?
>>
>> That was misleading, see the response :-(
>>
>> Of interest are eventual error messages occuring when the application is
>> started in the IDE (F9).
>
> You are aware that Mark's problem is loading the form in the IDE's
> designer?

I have to take responsibility if he didn't, I'm not sure my first few
attempts at explaining the problem were particularly rigorous.

Anyway, I've now reverted to 0.9.20.3+2.6.0, erased the project
directory, reloaded from svn and found that Lazarus loads and compiles
it happily. But a run throws lots of runtime errors similar to

TApplication.HandleException Error reading StringGrid1.Columns: Error
reading TGridColumn.Title.PrefixOption: Unknown property: "PrefixOption"

Removing the affected lines from the .lfm gives me something that
appears to compile and run OK. I'm going to work through any other
projects I've touched over the last few months checking they're OK with
0.9.30 on x86 before doing anything else, but will revisit trunk presently.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk