[Lazarus] IDE Main Window: height is too small and cannot resize (Linux/GTK2)

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Feb 13 09:32:14 CET 2012

waldo kitty schrieb:
> On 2/11/2012 11:14, Samuel Herzog wrote:

>> Recently I convinced a colleage to install lazarus.
>> On the first start, the Lazarus IDE really looks uggly and not so
>> professional.
>> (on windows plattform)
>
> i'm sorry but "what??"

I also observed that e.g. the initial (undocked) messages window is
higher than the screen, and most of it hangs below the screen.

When I recently minimized a designer form, it lost its original size
permanently, even at runtime. Also other minimized windows are restored
as zero-size windows, after the IDE has been minimized and restored.

The latter effects may be related to the dockable IDE extensions, but
then I miss a description of that interface, from which I could
determine how to fix possible flaws in my code.

DoDi