[Lazarus] Looking for a general text editor

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 10:31:53 CET 2012

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
> Has anybody implemented a synedit (or other edit component) basedgeneral text editor (something like Syn on SourceForge - but itdoesn't need to have that much functionality). I would like to get areplacement "general" text editor for gEdit and Kate. Preferablysomething light weight and fast, that can do search and replace andfont customisation. I could put one together myself, but if somebodyalready done this, that would save me some time.
> And no, please don't recommend VIM - I hate the vi interface. Also aGUI text editor would be preferred, so something like mcedit (includedwith Midnight Commander) is also out.
> Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

I've done it, but it's not pretty and has more bugs that a bag of
supermarket economy rice. You might find that the variant of Emacs that
has an X wrapper will do what you want, otherwise there's probably a
programmer's editor with whatever desktop you use e.g. Kate for KDE.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk